"TOWN HALL" MEETING
OPENING REMARKS BY MAYOR WEISS.
- Outline new format of Board Meetings where residents have 5 minutes each at beginning of the meeting to bring up an issue
- List of Officials/Committees complete except for one alternate position the Design Review Board
- Job descriptions formulated for all Village Commissioners & Steward
- More information listed on Village website including meeting minutes
- Direct mailings to residents pertaining to various issues: vegetation overgrowth
- More contact made with Town, Highway Department and School District to promote optimal community
- Status of Laws: SEQRA, Subdivisions, Zoning, Parking. and Comprehensive Plan in last stage of
- Roads: Proposals for roadwork plan submitted by engineering firms reviewed by Village. Once firm
is chosen and costs determined, financing plan will be developed. Anticipate spring for road work.
In the meantime, Village will patch potholes.
- Pothole repair
- New carpet for lower level of Village Hall 66% funded by grant - COMPLETE
- Installation of generator for Village Hall 66% funded by grant - 3/4 COMPLETE
- Dark sky compliant additional lighting for Village Hall parking lot
- Installation of railing on beach headwall
OPEN FORUM COMMENTS BY RESIDENTS
- Oct. 7th Dark Skies lecture at Village Hall 7:00 - 8:00 pm.
- Investigate burying electric lines in Village
- Remedy water on Village Beach with DEC approval
- Learn plans for Briarcliff School
- Address noise nuisance in Village
- Address standing water in sump on Circle Dr.
- Obtain cell phone service in Village
- Obtain VIOS in Village
- Hearing at Brookhaven Town Hall, Monday September 21st at 4:00 pm solar farm project in downtown
-Invite Robert Freeman for presentation on Open Meetings Law (OML)
- Results of Shoreham/Wading River tennis tournament and availability of Shoreham tennis book
- Control parking by bridge on Woodville Rd.
- Learn status of Rail to Trails
- October 4th TSVA lecture at Village Hall: topic The Long Island Railroad
- Investigate traffic slowing procedures
- Learn whether vegetation laws apply to Briarcliff School and Suffolk County Water Authority properties
- Implement better handicapped access to lower level of Village Hall
NEXT "TOWN HALL" MEETING SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY. SEE YOU THERE!
Village Hall Meeting Index